|
Let's talk about SCRUBS!
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 / 12:33 PM
|
Hello everybody, I'm back again and this time I would like to talk about my experience with facial scrubs!
I feel that it is important to exfoliate your skin occasionally in order to completely remove some of those make up residue plus sweat and oil that our body produce on top of the dust and dirt that our faces collect on a daily basis that we might not have missed and did not remove when we wash our faces.
However, it is important to note that we should not exfoliate our faces too often! Right after using a scrub, your face would be in this tender stage and they should be given time to recover before being exposed to such an activity again.
Once a week should be good enough but please try not to exceed twice a week! (Is your face really caked with that much dirt?! Even if it is, maybe it is time to revise your facial cleanser or maybe the way you wash your face instead of just scrubbing it so often. We have got to be as gentle to our faces as possible so that it would stay boing boing bling bling for as long as possible!)
I used to use
The Body Shop's Blue Corn Mask.

Just spread it around your face after washing and drying your face!
It'll harden up making you feel like a hard boiled egg that is threatening to burst out of its egg shell.
Moreover, it has this cooling sensation which is quite refreshing after a tiring day.
It makes my skin feel renewed and clean after each wash due to a combination of the cooling sensation plus the feeling of your face being released from the egg shell.
However, it feels a little harsh so I definitely would not recommend this to people with dry skin or have any cuts or wounds on their faces because it might sting and it also feels like it might make your skin a little more dry.
For now, I am currently using
Skinfood's Black Sugar Mask.
I've read a lot of good reviews about it online and thought I would give it a try!
I'd say it didn't really disappoint me.
The online reviews were saying how it has a nice scent and I was expecting it to smell sweet and delicious BUT the smell is actually lemony?!
I felt a little cheated but whatever, it was still a nice scent.
After washing your face, you're supposed to keep your face sort of moist and I do this by just dabbing my towel over my face so the giant water droplets are gone by my face is still kinda damp.
You then gently spread the mask around your face gently in a circular motion and leave it on for a few minutes (I usually keep mine on for around 30 minutes) before washing it off gently.
When it is spread across my skin, I could already feel the tiny stuff inside which should be the sugar granules because the mask is sort of... sweet?! (not important but umm I might or might not have *cough*tasted*cough* the mask out of curiosity HAHA.)
Anyways, when the mask is spread out, it is surprisingly light and translucent and it does not harden on my face like my previous scrub plus there wasn't that cooling sensation to give me the illusion of freaking clean skin so at first I was pretty doubtful about its effects.
Buttttt after washing it on and smacking on some of my moisturizer, I feel like a hard boiled egg the moment its shell was peeled off, VERY boingboing blingbling! For the rest of the night I'll be in this good mood as my skin would feel so good.
It is also not that harsh on my face so plus one point!
Comparing, the plus and minus points of both scrubs, I personally prefer the Skinfood one.
If you have any recommendations for the next scrub that I should try or have any other enquiries or comments, feel free to email me! My email address can be found at the side bar.
Until the next post, have fun scrubbing, everyone~
Labels: bodyshop, exfoliation, scrub, skinfood
With love, T.L.T.